I ordered a Tree of Life bracelet. It was $4.99 but had $45 "value". When it arrived the surface is rough and tarnished, does not look like the quality in their photo or the product description. I contacted them for a replacement or refund and received a response asking for a photo and advising they would send another bracelet and did not require me to ship the inadequate one back (per Bob).
A few days later Bob emailed me again to say they think the bracelet is just fine, that it is supposed to be ANTI SILVER (whatever the H that is), and they directed me to their refund/replacement policy if I want to go that way.
Their position in this matter brings me to these conclusions:
The jewelry "may be" worth what they sell it for, but certainly not what they value it at.
They have inaccurate descriptions and photos of their jewelry.
They do not carry through with a 100% guarantee customer service satisfaction.
Bob thought they could make it all ok by offering a 15% discount on the next purchase, as if I would go there again!
I explained to Bob that social media, including this post, offers a remedy of its own by steering shoppers away from such an apparently questionable business with inferior merchandise and perhaps even more questionable business ethics. Bob would have been much smarter to quickly refund the price plus the shipping and tell me to do "whatever" I thought was appropriate with the inferior piece I got from them.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Ashley Jewels Tree Of Life Charm Bangle
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "A few months back I visited this site: http://www.aliexpress.com/?src=google&albch=google&albcp=search_search-trademark&albkw=aliexpress_us-search-trademark-test-aliexpress_site_no&albag=wtohome_none_Aliexpress_trademark&albmt=Broad&albst=search&albom=US_none_20100416&creative=10324551540&gclid=CLLmu6ziq60CFQcQNAod6GZQoA called AliExpress, if you click on it, seems legit right? A bit like Ebay. WRONG! This site has had so many..."
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."
- "I ordered a 100 dollar necklace with 7 charms and a plate... And then payed for expedited shipping... I got the package on time, just to open it and find..."
- "Tonight I stopped at the Taco Bell 022091 Denver, Co I ordered Cheezy Gordita Crunch (no spicy ranch) was charged 2.79 and did not receive along with orders totaling 21.07. I..."
- "Freelancer has always had a problem with anyone I have talked to in regards to validating your account, bullying others and overcharging. Here's a new low though, they TOOK over..."
- "This is the 4th time UPS does this!!! I am sick and tired of it!!! Please avoid them!!!! They are extremely unprofessional!!!!! Who does this s***????? Don't you guys drug..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."